Why you should attend the 2021 WDAFS Virtual Annual Meeting
We heartily invite you to attend the first ever virtual Western Division of the American Fisheries Society (WDAFS) annual meeting May 10-14, 2021. The planning team consisting of representatives of the WDAFS and the Utah Chapter has been working together to put together an innovative, informative, and memorable meeting and we hope you will attend. Our meeting theme is “Amplifying Science in A Changing World.”
You might ask yourself why you should attend this meeting when there are so many other meetings that you could attend? Here are 10 reasons that we hope will sway you to attend.
- You will learn a lot – hundreds of presentations and films that cover the latest fisheries and aquatic science and management throughout the western division and beyond
- You can contribute your expertise – share your information and experiences so that others can benefit
- You can beef up your resume – you can host a symposium or give a talk that you can add to your resume or use in your application for AFS fisheries certification
- You will have fun – live plenary sessions including debates, aquatic monsters, science, art, and futures
- You can binge watch aquatic films and photos – enjoy the aquatic film and photography festival
- You will have opportunity to develop and build relationships – establish and build connections through common interests and social events
- You don’t have to dress up or sit in uncomfortable chairs – enjoy the meeting from the comforts of home
- You won’t have to spend much – the cost of the meeting will be inexpensive and for many it will be free through a plethora of registration grants
- You will be a part of WDAFS history – this will be our first virtual meeting and will help set the stage for the future
- You will have access to some of the best minds in the business
This meeting is not just for fish heads! A diverse array of topics across aquatic sciences will be covered. So, come join us.
Todd Pearsons, President, Western Division AFS
Sarah Seegert, President, Utah Chapter AFS